Dunsky Energy Consulting is a mission-driven consulting firm specialized in sustainable energy strategies. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – build a more sustainable future by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance.
We are looking for a new member to join our team as an Analyst (typically with less than 5 years of relevant experience). More specifically, we are seeking someone with:
Required skills & experience:
- a background in clean energy, economics, engineering, building sciences or related disciplines;
- strong analytical skills, including modelling, statistical analysis and developing excel-based tools;
- advanced knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Excel;
- superior organizational skills and ability to synthesize information;
- superior ability to communicate in French & English, both verbally and in writing;
- ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks/ projects within established timelines and budgets;
- ability to work in a team and strong interpersonal skills;
- natural curiosity and motivation;
- demonstrated interest in sustainability and motivation to build a better world.
- relevant work experience with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy;
- experience in a consulting environment;
- demonstrated project coordination or management experience and skills.
At Dunsky Energy Consulting, Analysts play an important role in our work developing and evaluating sustainable energy strategies. Their tasks may include: performing desk reviews (e.g. into best practices in energy efficiency program design, or characteristics of specific technologies) and primary research (e.g. to understand market dynamics and how to influence them); performing survey data collection or interviews; conducting quantitative analysis (incl. cost-effectiveness analysis and/or developing Excel-based models to assess energy saving opportunities); writing sections of reports and other written deliverables; and contributing to interpreting findings.
The successful candidate will contribute to impactful projects for clients across Canada and the U.S. and advise key decision-makers and influencers on sustainable energy strategies.
Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to sustainability and equitable team work.
Be part of the on-going energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of sustainable energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more. Our office is located in a LEED™ Platinum building, in the heart of Montreal, designed as a test bed for sustainable technologies and practices.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter, and relevant writing samples (if available) to the application form. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative. In the body of your email, please indicate the ending salary at your two most recent positions, and a possible start date. Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.