YOU: You bring a unique blend of marketing communications and professional proposal writing capabilities, along with a dash of passion for helping build a clean energy future.
US: We are a dynamic team of 20+ professionals that provides a unique combination of technical, market, economic and management consulting expertise in clean energy, with a heavy dose of passion for building a better future.
If this sounds like it might be a good fit, find out more below…
DUNSKY ENERGY CONSULTING is a mission-driven consulting firm specialized in supporting sustainable energy strategies. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – build a more sustainable future by assessing energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate adoption; and by evaluating their performance.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to join our team as a Proposal and Communications Coordinator. More specifically, the selected candidate will be responsible for two overriding tasks:
- Proposals: Coordinate the preparation of proposals in response to RFPs and other business development opportunities, primarily from governments and utilities; and
- Communications: Lead our external communications work, including our web site, social media accounts, newsletter, infograph-type visuals, and presentations, and contribute to the development of our marketing strategy.
Required skills & experience:
- a background in communications, marketing or related disciplines;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience*;
- superior English writing skills;
- experience and/or ability to write persuasive sales copy;
- creativity, attention to detail and aesthetic sense;
- advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint;
- strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks concurrently;
- ability to work in a team, and strong interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated interest in sustainability and motivation to build a better world.
*Interested candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply.
- superior French writing;
- knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop;
- experience preparing or reviewing consulting services proposals;
- experience in the energy efficiency, renewable energy or sustainable mobility industry.
- review daily requests for proposals (RFP) notifications;
- establish and implement plans for the proposal writing process (including team composition, task breakdown, timeline, review schedule, etc.);
- coordinate the team (including external partners) by ensuring communication among the group, assigning tasks and communicating deadlines;
- write, or support the development of, proposal content;
- assist in developing and implementing win strategies and key messages;
- edit, proofread and format documents;
- perform administrative tasks related to the submission of proposals;
- maintain the firm’s corporate experience database, proposal templates and other resources used for proposal development;
- collect feedback on wins and losses.
- maintain and update the company’s website;
- coordinate the production of the quarterly newsletter and contribute to the development of content;
- maintain and update the organization’s contact database;
- manage the firm’s social media accounts (LinkedIn and possibly others in future);
- prepare visuals (graphs, infographics, etc.) for our consultants’ reports and presentations;
- prepare and maintain key templates and documents, such as our corporate presentations, and report and PowerPoint templates.
Others: Other support tasks will vary based on experience and capabilities. They may include: planning and initiating speaking engagements for senior representatives of the team; assisting in the preparation of conference presentations; training team members on communications tactics; and others.
- Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to sustainability and team work.
- Learn about the clean energy transition: You will work in close collaboration with senior-level staff in developing and implementing Dunsky’s proposals and other materials.
- Work on a broad variety of communication tools: You will help determine the external communications and marketing strategies and will work on the majority of the communications tools and tactics used by the firm.
- Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, an annual bonus, group health and dental insurance, contributions to a retirement savings plan, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more. Our office is located in a “green” (LEED™ Platinum) building, in the heart of Montreal, designed as a test bed for sustainable technologies and practices.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff diverse and challenging projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter and samples of their work. Your samples should demonstrate your written communication skills as well as your artistic eye. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative. And finally, in your message, please indicate your salary expectations and a possible start date.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.