DUNSKY is a mission-driven consulting firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance.
You are passionate, rigorous, analytical and communicate effectively. Your experience – at work or in life – tells that story. More specifically, you offer:
Required skills & experience:
- a background in economics, engineering, building sciences or related disciplines as they relate to the clean energy transition (typically 2-5 years for an Analyst and 5+ years for a Senior Analyst);
- ability to write clearly in English and/or French;
- advanced knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Excel;
- ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks/ projects within established timelines and budgets;
- ability to work in a team and strong interpersonal skills;
- demonstrated interest in the clean energy transition and an insatiable curiosity
Preferred skills and experience:
- exceptionally good writing skills, in English and/or in French;
- experience with consulting (project management, synthesizing information, client relationships, etc.)
- experience with programming (e.g. Python, R) or modeling (economic and/or energy);
- deep understanding of the issues and complexities of the clean energy transition
At Dunsky Energy Consulting, Analysts and Senior Analysts play an important role supporting our work designing and evaluating clean energy strategies. Their tasks may include: performing desk reviews (e.g. into best practices in energy efficiency program design, or characteristics of specific technologies) and primary research (e.g. to understand market dynamics and how to influence them); performing survey data collection or interviews; conducting quantitative analysis (incl. cost-effectiveness analysis and/or developing models to assess energy saving opportunities); writing sections of reports and other written deliverables; and contributing to interpreting findings.
The successful candidate will contribute to impactful projects for clients across Canada and the U.S. and advise key decision-makers and influencers on sustainable energy strategies.
Join a firm that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our approach is driven by a deep respect for both our team and the planet.
Be part of the ongoing energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of clean energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do. For more on what we do to ensure our team’s satisfaction, click here.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan contribution, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
Ideally, the candidate will be based at our downtown Montreal or Toronto offices. However, if you have more than 5 years of experience, we are open to you being based in other cities that offer strategic value (including Vancouver).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter and relevant writing samples (if available) to the application form. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative. In the body of your email, provide an indication of your salary expectations (past salary and/or future expectations) and a possible start date. Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
Note: Applications and expressions of interest are considered strictly confidential unless you say otherwise. We respect your interests and right to privacy.