Dunsky Energy Consulting is a mission-driven consulting firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – build a more sustainable future by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance.
Working at the nexus of management consulting and clean energy, we are looking for an individual who is well-organized, able to clearly communicate concepts and build relationships, and has the experience and proven ability to successfully manage projects of a technical or strategic nature.
Required skills & experience:
• Knowledge of demand-side energy resource measures, programs or policies;
• Fundamental understanding of technical issues, economics and/or markets as they pertain to demand-side energy resources; and
• Proven analytical skills.
• Demonstrable experience in (or skill for) understanding client needs, asking the right questions, synthesizing complex information and devising actionable recommendations;
• Superior ability to develop and structure logical arguments and analysis; and
• Demonstrated project management experience and/or skills.
• Superior writing, presentation and communication skills in English; and
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients and within a team of bright and committed people.
• Significant experience planning, designing and/or evaluating energy efficiency (and other demand-side energy resource) programs or policies;
• Particular strengths in building science, statistical analysis, and/or policy and strategic thinking skills;
• French language capabilities (speaking and writing);
• Motivation to contribute to building a better world.
At Dunsky, our Consultants (generally a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience) and Senior Consultants (generally a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience) contribute to projects for clients across Canada and the U.S., and advise key decision-makers and influencers on sustainable energy strategies.
Specifically, Consultants manage small projects or tasks within larger projects, both with minimal supervision. Senior Consultants, in general, manage medium to large projects autonomously. Consultants and Senior Consultants independently develop methodologies, perform general analysis and interpretation, and prepare reports for their projects or tasks. They are also expected to contribute to solving technical research problems and handle multiple tasks on different projects. Finally, both Consultants and Senior Consultants play a role in managing client relationships and assist in business development.
Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to sustainability and equitable team work.
Be part of the on-going energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of sustainable energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
The candidate will be based in our new office in Montreal or Toronto.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter, and relevant writing samples (if available) to the application form. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and “yourself”. In the body of your email, please indicate your salary expectations and a possible start date. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Note: Applications and expressions of interest are considered strictly confidential unless you say otherwise. We respect your interests and right to privacy.