Dunsky Energy Consulting is a mission-driven advisory firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – build a more sustainable future by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) performance.
Working at the nexus of management consulting and clean energy, we are looking for a leader who is well-organized, able to clearly communicate concepts and build relationships, and has the experience and proven ability to successfully manage projects of a technical or strategic nature. While open to other options, we currently have a preference for Vancouver-based candidates.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of demand-side energy resource measures, programs or policies;
- Fundamental understanding of technical issues, economics and/or markets as they pertain to demand-side energy resources; and
- Passion for accelerating adoption of clean energy solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in (or skill for) understanding client needs, asking the right questions, synthesizing complex information and devising actionable recommendations;
- Superior ability to develop and structure logical arguments and analysis; and
- Demonstrated project management experience and/or skills.
- Superior English writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients; and
- Team player (collaborative nature; kind; as focused on raising others on the team as you are yourself).
- Significant experience planning, designing and/or evaluating programs or policies to drive energy efficiency and demand-side energy resource adoption;
- General strengths in quantitative analysis and/or policy and strategic thinking;
- Particular strengths in building science, statistical analysis or related fields; and
- French language capabilities (speaking and writing).
At Dunsky, Senior Consultants (generally a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience) contribute to projects for clients across Canada and the U.S., and advise key decision-makers and influencers on clean energy strategies.
As a Senior Consultant, you will manage medium to large scale projects autonomously. You will provide strategic guidance to other staff members, manage teams and projects, define critical methodologies (with the support of specialized staff), oversee high quality deliverables and ensure client satisfaction. You will also be expected to play a key role in ensuring strong client relationships and assisting in business development.
- Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to sustainability and equitable team work.
- Help accelerate the clean energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of clean energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
- Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more. We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that align with their interests.
Our ideal candidate will establish an office in Vancouver. Other candidates may work out of our Montreal (main) or Toronto offices.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and please submit your C.V., cover letter, and relevant writing samples (if available). In your cover letter, we’ll be looking for two things: first, to what extent you meet each of the “required” and/or “preferred” skills noted above; and second, who you are as a person (we like human beings more than resumés).
In the body of your email (or in the “Special Notes” area of the web form), please provide a rough indication of your salary expectations, as well as a possible start date. For salary, be as specific or vague as you like; we’re just looking for a sense of it. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Note: Applications and expressions of interest are considered strictly confidential unless you say otherwise. We respect your interests and right to privacy.